Transition Clinics support youth and their families with the transition process to adulthood. The focus of the clinic is to:
- Identify youth and family strengths, concerns and priorities through a screening and assessment process;
- Assist youth and families with planning for the near and distant future by establishing short and long term goals and objectives;
- Link youth and families with community resources and services that can assist them with achieving identified goals and objectives;
- Identify youth and families who would benefit from THRIVE’s therapy services, e.g., home programs, groups, coaching, one-to-one intervention, etc;
- Assist youth and families inpreparing for their change in roles i.e. youth assuming more responsibility and parents moving from a “doer/helper” to a life-coach role.
The Transition Clinic is staffed by a Social Worker (SW), Occupational Therapist (OT), Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) and Physiotherapist (PT). The Clinic typically runs twice a month with a maximum of two appointments per clinic day. Clinic services are currently available to all newly referred clients to THRIVE that meet the following criteria:
- nine years of age or older;
- are not already receiving transition planning services from an external agency;
- are not currently receiving therapy services (OT/PT/SLP/SW) from an external agency.
For further information about the Transition Clinic please contact Maxine Orr, OT at 759-1131 ext. 221 or Ann Waddell-Makse, SW at ext. 216 or email email@example.com and reference “Transition Clinic” in the subject line.