Health Records Office Assistant
THRIVE Child Development Centre/Centre de développement de l’enfant is an incorporated, non-profit Children’s Treatment Centre employing over 50 staff made up of Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Speech-Language Pathologists, Social Workers, Therapy Assistants, Early Childhood Educators and Administrative support staff. We provide inter-disciplinary pediatric rehabilitation, respite care coordination, an on-site inclusive child care program and resource support to community child care centres in Sault Ste. Marie and the Algoma District.
If you are seeking a dynamic and challenging role in administratively supporting our therapy staff and leadership, THRIVE has a position for you.
We are currently seeking a Health Records Office Assistant on a permanent, full-time basis at our head office in Sault Ste. Marie. As the successful candidate, you will be available to work by June 17th 2019 or earlier, and will have the following:
- a diploma in Office Administration or related field. A Health Care Administration Certificate, CHIM certification (or working towards it) or medical terminology course completion would be considered assets.
- Strong IT skills, including, but not limited to, proficiency in Microsoft Word and intermediate/advanced Level Excel skills are required.
- Excellent organizational, time management and oral and written communication skills
- Keyboarding skills of 60 wpm and have ability to dicta type.
- Experience in health records, data and statistical analysis, and an electronic health record would be considered an asset.
- The ability to communicate in both official languages (French-English) would be an asset.
Benefits include a competitive salary, paid sick days, and contribution to a leading industry pension plan.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your cover letter outlining your qualifications, along with your résumé (both in PDF format) by May 17, 2019 to:
THRIVE Child Development Centre
74 Johnson Avenue
Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6C 2V5
Please reference “Health Records Office Assistant ad” in your email subject line.
All applications are appreciated; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. THRIVE Child Development Centre is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.