The Family Advisory Committee (FAC)
The FAC was created in 1998 in response to an identified desire to formalize family input into Centre services and programs.
Some family advisory committee accomplishments:
- A strong family voice supporting and enhancing client family-centred practice
- Raising awareness of need for Transitions program (infrastructure & program)
- Identifying need for increased exclusive and inclusive recreation & leisure opportunities for our children & youth
To provide a formal method of ensuring that relevant information on established services and new directions is communicated between families, leadership, Board and community in a consistent, timely manner.
- Provide input to Board of Directors to ensure evaluations occur on aspects of care of primary importance to clients.
- Provide the consumer perspective to plans, directions and initiatives.
- Provide input for responding to issues or concerns raised by families.
- Provide input on how requests for consumer input can be obtained in a meaningful way.
- Request family education programs which reflect consumer needs.
- Facilitate the distribution of information to families on programs and/or services.
- Enhance public awareness and acceptance of disability in order to increase community participation opportunities, encourage positive and welcoming community attitudes and policies that facilitate inclusion.
If you have any questions or wish to join the Family Advisory Committee, please contact Stephanie Fetherston, at 705-759-1131, ex. 220, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing “FAC” in the subject line.